Legally Blonde Inspired Cocktail. What? Like its hard?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links for the products I used to make this drink recipe meaning I may get a commission, at no cost to you, if you decide to purchase through one of the links.
Its crazy to me to think that Legally Blonde came out over 20 years ago! Back in 2001, ok what may be even more crazy is believing that somehow, we are already in 2023! What’s even more crazy to think about is that it was inspired by a real person.
Elle Woods is such a strong female role model. She played to her strengths instead of fitting someone else’s definition of who she should be and came out very successful in the end. So successful in fact, she created a whole Legally Blonde franchise! Elle Woods has been breaking glass ceilings all while maintaining her pretty in pink appearance, true to herself for over 20 years now! And knowing there is a real Elle Woods out there somewhere is inspiring.
The Legally Blonde movie is still frequently quoted today by us 90s kids. This movie was one of those instant classics. Not only was Elle a strong female role model, but she surrounded herself with friends that were genuinely excited and happy for her. Something I think most young girls strive for, that true friendship group. While Legally Blonde 2 was not even on the same page as the first movie, I would be lying if I said I was not excited for the third installment to come out. I can’t wait to wait Elle make her comeback on the big screen this year!
Gather some fun and pink ingredients, have some fun, be your true self and lets learn to craft this beautiful and deliciously pink cocktail and celebrate all your strengths.
What, like it’s hard?
Ingredients and Barware for 1 Cocktail
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 3 oz Grapefruit juice
- 1 oz Lemon Lime Soda
- Dash of pineapple juice
- Whole Grapefruit (optional for garnish)
- White sanding sugar (optional to rim glass)
- Cocktail Shaker
- Martini Glass (Really, you can use whatever glass you want but I feel like the martini glass just fits for an Elle Woods themed drink. I used these from amazon which I love!)
- Large Ice Ball (I used these molds from Amazon to make mine)
About the Ingredients
Grapefruit juice is a of course a citrus fruit that provides a mildly sweet flavor with a pink tint making it a perfect fit for an Elle Woods inspired cocktail.
Pineapple Juice provides that touch of tropical flavor.
You will frequently see lemon lime soda used in cocktail recipes in part due to its clear coloring and in part due to its refreshing lemon lime taste. We like it for this drink for both of those reasons.
How to Make
2. Add ice to cocktail shaker
3. Combine 1.5 oz Vodka, 3 oz grapefruit juice and 1/2 oz pineapple juice into cocktail shaker with ice. Place the cap on tight and shake vigorously until well mixed and chilled.
5. Pour over ince into your rimmed martini glass
6. Top off with lemon lime soda to taste (usually about an oz)
7. Garnish with grapefruit slice
1. Carefully slice the end of the grapefruit
2. Slice about a half inch ring off the grapefruit. If you want a bigger ring, move toward the center of the grapefruit.
3. Carefully cut a wedge out of the ring you sliced off
4. Cut a small slice into the wedge to easily sit on the glass
Are you a big movie fan? Do you enjoy watching movies with a fun themed drink to tie into the theme? Us too! Check out some of these other fun movie themed cocktails like this Buzz Lightyear Inspired Cocktail, this Donkey Kong Inspired Cocktail or this Tinker Bell Inspired Cocktail!
Whats your favorite Legally Blonde quote? Who is your favorite Legally Blonde character?